Melin Tregwynt mill dates from the 18th century and is still working inside the original building. In 1912 Henry Griffiths bought the mill and with his son Howard would spin local wool into yarn, most of which was sold back to the local farmers. During the war much of the mill’s production fullfilled local knitting needs but after the war weaving of tweed, blankets and bedspreads resumed. In the 50s tourism started to grow and Howard began to sell woollen items from his house which became so busy that he had to build a shop. He later opened shops in St. Davids and Fishguard, the 60s and 70s were busy times but the 1980s recession saw many Welsh Mills close. Melin Tregwynt was lucky, Howard’s son joined the family business and developed foreign markets and the mill gained a reputation for high quality, beautiful lamb's wool designs. Now over 20 local people work at the mill and products from this remote corner of Wales can be found in design-led shops and hotels all over the world.
Sorry, there are currently no products in this collection.